Want to level up your professional game? Start asking any or all of the following questions of any other professionals who will give you the time of day. You will be amazed what you can learn from the people around you…and how willing most people are to share with you.
- Can you help me? (AKA: Stop trying to do it all on your own)
- What have you learned from failure?
- If you could start over, what would you change?
- Who helped you get where you are today?
- What is your favorite part of the work you do?
- How do you keep yourself motivated?
- What traits are shared by the people you most like to work with?
- What do you want your professional legacy to be?
- For what are you most thankful?
- What is one decision you regret?
- How do you define success?
- How do you deal with distraction?
- Who are some of your heroes?
- What helps you relax?
- What is something you are really proud of?
- What is one trait you wish you possessed?
- What is a subject you would love to teach others about?
- Which of your skills has most influenced your success?
- Could you introduce me to _______________?
- How can I help you?
This is clearly just the tip of the iceberg. What important questions do you think professionals should be asking?
What’s your business plan? Where is your company going to be in 1 year, 5 Years, 10 years. (don’t have a business plan-shut the doors and do something else)